Friday, February 17, 2017

More Student Art


For one assignment (in late November/early December, so after the election) in the Intro to Politics course I taught last fall at Pierce College, I offered an art option.  My instruction was to create a piece that expressed your thoughts, views, values, preferences, etc. about anything in "politics."  I use the quote marks there to indicate the fact that I told them that you could render almost anything as politics, or political.  Indeed, I noted, Marx was wrong...everything isn't economics, it's politics.  But that's an argument for another day.

This piece generated a lengthy and interesting discussion about identity, group orientation, the social politics in the US today, etc.   I can't remember all the artist even said about the piece, but I was grateful for the conversation.






Detail, from the bottom left corner.  Thank YOU, Hannah...I appreciate your work.



No comments: